Department of Occupational Medicine
Occupational medicine is a major branch of modern community medicine. Since new Occupational Safety and Health Law was implemented in July 2014, occupational medical services demand has risen greatly in Taiwan.
The Department of Occupational Medicine aims to provide high-quality teaching, research and medical services with the support of a university hospital. We train students in occupational medicine, family medicine, and preventive medicine with an emphasis on comprehensive patient care.
Our services include on-site workplace visits, basic workplace health services (BOHS), occupational disease prevention counseling, occupation-related burn out prevention, psychological stress management, maternal protection program, and musculoskeletal disease prevention.
Services & Treatments
- Occupational Medicine
- Chronic disease diagnosis and treatment (e.g. hypertension, diabetes, hyperlipidemia, metabolic syndrome, chronic hepatitis B, hepatitis B, fatty liver, gallstones, kidney stones, gallstones, gout, arthritis, hyperuricemia, anemia, peptic ulcer disease, thyroid disease, chronic insomnia, etc.)
- Preventive medicine (e.g. infectious disease prevention, vaccination, overweight counseling and treatment, smoking cessation counseling and treatment, health education)
SERVICES & PROGRAMS
- Physical exams and periodic screenings for occupational health
- Construction and implementation of health management system
- Special occupational health education and workplace health management
- Occupational diseases / Occupational-related injuries diagnosis and treatment
- Confirmation of the disputed case of occupational disasters
- Post-disaster occupational services (e.g. labor and employment coordination, planned resuscitation process, return to work tracking, labor counseling, rehabilitation, work capacity assessment, work capability enforcement, job adjustment and evaluation, work place conditions assessment, out-patient referral)
- Disability identification and evaluation of occupational disaster victim
- Basic Occupational Health Services (BOHS)
- Planning and implementation of injury prevention projects
- Healthy elderly labor force
- Young workers protection
- Workplace stress management
- Overseas health management
- Ultrasonography Medicine
Chien-Tien Su, M.D.
Hsin-Dai Lee , M.D. M.S.
• Family medicine
• Family medicine
• Preventive medicine
• Obesity management
• Sonographic imaging