Department of Sleep Medicine
Our department offers comprehensive services in the diagnosing and treatment of people with sleep disorders, including breathing-related sleep disorders (e.g., obstructive sleep apnea, OSA), insomnia, hypersomnia(e.g., narcolepsy, Kleine-Levine Syndrome), circadian rhythm disorders, parasomnia, and sleep disturbance caused by psychiatric and medical conditions.
We provide integrated and multi-discipline medical services comprising of physicians specializing in various disciplines (e.g. Psychiatry, Neurology, ENT, Pulmonary Medicine , Rehabilitation) as well as other health and well-being professionals (e.g. sleep psychologists and nurse practitioners).
Conditions We Treat
- Difficult to fall asleep at night
- Nocturnal spontaneous waking
- Early morning awakening
- Don’t feel refresh after waking in the morning
- Feeling tired, fatigue, or sleepiness during the day
- Irritable, or depressed during the day
Sleep related breathing disorders
- Snore loudly.
- Have morning headaches.
- Snort or choke while asleep.
- Have pauses in breathing or irregular breathing while asleep.
- Excessive sleepiness during the day (watching TV, work, driving).
- Wake up groggy or tired in the morning, no matter how many hours you've slept.
- Sleep enuresis
- Sleep terrors
- REM sleep behavior disorder
Services & Treatments
■ Out patient Clinic
■ Polysomnography (PSG)
■ Continuous Positive Airway Pressure titration (CPAP titration)
■ Multiple Sleep Latency Test (MSLT)
■ Light therapy
■ Cognitive behavioral therapy
Shou-Hung Huang, MD
• General psychiatry, mood disorder, schizophrenia, sleep disorder, geriatric psychiatry
• Psycho-pharmacotherapy, individual and group psychotherapy, psychoanalytic psychotherapy, cognitive-behavioral therapy
Chi-Hung Chen, MD
• General internal medicine, pulmonary disease
• Sleep disorder：sleep apnea syndrome, sleep related disease.
Jeffrey Tsai-Jui Liou, MD
• Sleep disordered breathing including obstructive sleep apnea, obesity hypoventilation
syndrome, and complex sleep apnea
• Parasomnia (REM Sleep Disorder, Sleepwalking)
• Restless Leg Syndrome
• Circadian Rhythm Disorder
• Obesity Medicine
• Neurologically related sleep disorders
• Autonomic Neurology
Shang-Fu Hsu, MD
• Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
• Lung cancer
• Pleural diseases
• Obstructive sleep apnea
• Acute and chronic respiratory failure