Department of General Medicine
The department of general medicine at Taipei Medical University Hospital is a clinical center for teaching PGY residents and grade 5 to 7 medical students. Through inpatient and outpatient clinics, our qualified visiting professors nurture our trainees to achieve the six core competencies of ACGME: Patient Care, Medical Knowledge, Practice Based Learning, Improvement Systems Based Practice, Professionalism, and Interpersonal Skills and Communication. Our curriculum is guided by Ministry of Health and Welfare and the Ministry of Education; we work to guarantee that PGYs and medical students develop confidence in their medical careers.
Service & Treatments
- Outpatient service
- 24 hrs of Basic Curriculum
- Department of Internal Medicine: three months of general medicine and one month of community-based GM
- Department of Surgery: two months of general surgery
- Department of Obstetrics and gynecology: one month of general OBS/GYN
- Department of Pediatrics: one month of general pediatrics
- Department of Emergency Service: one month of general practice at ES
- Community GM: two months
- Self-selective courses: one month
Chun-Chao Chang, M.D.
• Gastrointestinal diseases