• Reproductive Endocrinology – Infertility
Examination / Diagnosis/Treatment，Habitual Abortion
• Fertility preservation – Embryo and Oocyte
Cryopreservation / Fertility Preservation
in cancer patients
• Assisted Reproductive Technology – IUI (Intrauterine Insemination) / AIH (Artificial Insemination) / IVF (In vitro fertilization) / PGS (Preimplantation Genetic Screening) / PGD (Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis)
- M.D., National Defense Medical Center M.D. Medicine (1985/08 - 1992/07)
- Ph.D., Graduate Institute of Clinical Medicine, Taipei Medical University (2006/09-2012/08)
- Resident, Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Tri-Service General Hospital
(1994 - 1999)
- Attending Physician, Dept. of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Tri-Service General Hospital (1999 - 2011)
- Chief of medical care in Embassy of ROC, Republic of Chad (1999-2000)
- Researcher of Fertility and Reproductive Medicine in Northwestern University (2001-2002)
- Researcher of Reproductive Endocrinology in Johns Hopkins University (2002)
- Assistant professor at National Defense Medical Center (2005~2011)
- Assistant professor at Taipei Medical University (2011~2015)
- Associate professor at Taipei Medical University (2015~now)
First and Correspondence
- Chen CH, Chen SG, Wu GJ, Wang J, Yu CP, Liu JY. Autologous heterotopic transplantation of intact rabbit ovary after cryopreservation at -196℃. Fertil Steril 2006 Oct; 86 (3):1059-66.
- Chen CH, Chen IC, Wang YC, Liu JY, Wu GJ, Tzeng CR. Boy born after gender preselection following successive gestational androgen excess of maternal luteoma and female disorders of sex development Fertil Steril 2009 Jun; 91(6):2732.e5-7. Epub 2008 Dec 24
- First author
- Chen CH, Huang YH, Lai WF, Wang CW, Hsu MI, Tzeng CR. Bioluminescence imaging (BLI) as a tool to evaluate germ cell in vitro and transplantation in vivo as fertility preservation of prepubertal male mice. Fertility Sterility 2012 May; 97 (1) : 192-8.
- Chen CH, Zhang X, Confino E, Milad M, Kazer RR. Relationships between peak serum estradiol levels and treatment outcome in in vitro fertilization cycles following embryo transfer on day 3 or day 5. Fertil Steril 2003; 80:75-9.
- Chen CH, Huang RL, Yu MS, Wong LJC, Chao TF, and Chu TY. Hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer with gynecologic malignancies: report two families in Taiwan. J Formos Med Assoc 2001; 100:269-73.
- Chen CH, Lee SS, Chen DC, Chien HH, Chen IC, Chu YN, Liu JY, Chen WH, Wu GJ. Apoptosis and kinematics of ejaculated spermatozoa in patients with varicocele. J Androl. 2004 May-Jun; 25(3):348-53.
- Chen CH, Yeh YC, Wu GJ, Huang YH, Thomas Lai WF, Liu JY, Tzeng CR. Tracking the rejection and survival of mouse ovarian iso- and allografts in vivo with bioluminescent imaging. Reproduction 2010; 140: 105-112.
- Chen CH, Tan SJ, Tzeng CR. In vivo fate mapping of cryopreserved murine ovarian grafts. J Ovarian Res. 2014 Aug;7:81.
- Chen CH, Tzeng CR. Ovarian tissue transplantation: current state and research advancement. Curr Obstet Gynecol Rep. 2013 Dec;2(4):202-210. (Review article)
- 10. Tan SJ, Yeh YC, Shang WJ, Wu GJ, Liu JY, Chen CH. Protective effect of a gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogue on chemotherapeutic agentinduced ovarian gonadotoxicity: A mouse model. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2010; 149: 182–185
- 11. Lin CK, Chang WH, Pan HH, Chen CH. Postpartum hellp syndrome with unusually high levels of liver enzymes. Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol 2009 Sep; 48(3)
- 12. Chen DC, Chen CH, Liu JY, Ku CH, Wu GJ. Serum vascular endothelial growth factor165 levels and uterine fibroid volume. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scan 2005; 84(4):317-21.
- 13. Su HY, Chen CH, Gao HW, Liu JY. A bicornuate uterus with a unilateral cornual adenomyosis. Obstet gynecol 2005 May; 105(5):1191-3.
- 14. Wang YC, Su HY, Liu JY, Chang FW, Chen CH. Maternal and female fetal virilization caused by pregnancy luteomas. Fertil Steril 2005 Aug;84(2):509 (SCI)
- 15. Su HY, Liu HY, Chen CH. Pelvic inflammatory disease combined with perforated peptic ulcer -mimicking tubo-ovarian abscess. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2005 Mar; 88(3):329-30.
- 16. Su HY, Chen WH, Chen CH. Extra-pelvic endometriosis presenting as a vulvar mass in a teenage girl. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2004 Dec; 87(3):252-3.
- 17. Chang FW, Yu MH, Wu CC, Chen WH, Chen CH. Cornual pregnancy treated with dilatation and curettage under laparoscopic guidance- a report of two cases. Taiwanese J Obstet Gynecol. 2004; 43(4):229-231.
- 18. Wu CJ, Peng YJ, Yu MH, Chen CH*. Secretory adenocarcinoma of endometrium in a postmenopausal patient with breast cancer using tamoxifen. Taiwanese J Obstet Gynecol 2007 Mar; 46( 1).
- 19. Chang WH and Chen CH. Unilateral obstructive uropathy caused by deep infiltrating endometriosis. J Med Sci 2008; 28(2):99-102.
- Chang WH, Lin CK, Chiang YJ, Chen CH. Puerperal hematoma combined with retroperitoneal dissection & obstructive uropathy. J Med Sci 2008; 28(2): 81-84.
- Chang WH, Liu JY, Yeh YC, Wu GJ, Chiang YJ, Yu MH, Chen CH*. Tubal ligation via colpotomy or laparoscopy: a retrospective comparative study. Arch Gynecol Obstet. 2011; 283:805-808
- Lin YH, Chang FW, Chen CH . Perimenopausal amenorrhea with cervical atresia and hematotrachelos. Journal of Medical Sciences 2010 Aug; 30(4).
- Lin YS, Yeh YC, Tzeng CR, Shang WJ, Wu GJ, Liu JY and Chen CH. Evaluating the effects of immunosuppression by in vivo bioluminescence imaging after allo-transplantation of ovarian grafts. Reproductive Biomedical Online 2010; 22:220-227.
- Tsai YC, Tzeng CR, Wang CW, Hsu MI, Tan SJ, Chen CH. Antiapoptotic agent sphingosine-1-phosphate protects vitrified murine ovarian grafts. Reprod Sci. 2014 Feb;21(2):236-43.
- Tan SJ, Lee LJ, Tzeng CR, Wang CW, Hsu MI, Chen CH. Targeted anti-apoptosis activity for ovarian protection against chemotherapy-induced ovarian gonadotoxicity. Reproductive Biomedical Online. 2014 Nov;29(5):612-20.
- Zhang X, Chen CH, Confino E, Barnes R, Milad M, Kazer RR. Increasing endometrial thickness is associated with improved treatment outcome for selected patients undergoing in vitro fertilization-embryo transfer. Fertil Steril 2005; 83:336-40.
- Wang YC, Chen CH, Su HY, Li HS, Liu Y. Huge spindle cell hemangioma of the cervix-mimicking a pelvic tumor. Gynecol Obstet Invest 2005 April 27; 60(2):98-101.
- Wang YC, Liu JJ, Chen CH, Peng YJ, Yu MH. Peritoneal tuberculosis mimicking ovarian cancer can be diagnosed by polymerase chain reaction: a case report. Gynecol Oncol 2005 Jun; 97(3):961-963
- Chen DC, Chen CH, Su HY, Yu CP, Chen WH, Yu MH. Retroperitoneal lymphangiomyomas presenting as a pelvic mass. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2005 Sep; 84(9):917-20.
- Chang WH, Chen CH, Yu MS. Conservative therapy of stage I endometrial adenocarcinoma and atypical endometrial hyperplasia for the preservation of fertility. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2006; 92(2):137-8
- Wang YC, Chen CH, Su HY, Yu MH. The impact of maternal cardioversion on fetal haemodynamics European Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology and Reproductive Biology 2006 Jun 1; 126(2):268-274.
- Chen DC, Ku CH, Huang YC, Chen CH, Wu GJ. Urinary nitric oxide metabolite changes in spontaneous and induced onset active labor. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. 2004 Jul; 83(7):641-6.
- Chen DC, Chen CH, Su HY, Yu CP, Chen WH, Chu TY. Huge pedunculated fibroma of the vulva. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2004; 83:1091-2.
- Chang FW, Chen CH, Liu JY. Early diagnosis of ovarian pregnancy by ultrasound. Int J Gynaecol Obstet. 2004 May; 85(2):186-187.
- Huang HC, Chen CH, Chu CC, Yu CP, Chu TY. Mature cystic teratoma of ovary with gliomatosis peritonei. J Med Sci 2004; 24(6):343-346.
- Chang FW, Yu MH, Ku CH, Chen CH, Wu GJ, Liu JY. Effect of uterotonics on intra-operative blood loss during laparoscopy-assisted vaginal hysterectomy: a randomised controlled trial. BJOG 2006 Jan; 113(1):47-52.
- Ding DC, Huang RL, Chen CH, Chao CF, Chu TY. Novel germline and somatic mutations of the MSH2 gene in hereditary non-polyposis colorectal cancer. Clin Genet 2007; 71: 190–192.
- Wu GJ, Chang FW, Lee SS, Cheng YY, Chen CH, Chen IC. Apoptosis-related phenotype of ejaculated spermatozoa in patients with varicocele. Fertility Sterility 2009 Mar; 91(3):831-837.
- Liu YL, Chen CH, Liu JY, Chang FW, Chen IC, Chien HH, Wu GJ. Influence of late follicular luteinizing hormone concentrations on ovarian response and fertilization outcome in patients undergoing in vitro fertilization with a short protocol. J Med Sci 2009; 29(4):195-198.
- Chen HC, Sytwu JK, Chang JL, Wang HW, Chen HK, Kang BH, Liu DW, Chen CH, Chao TT, Wang CH. Hypoxia enhances the stemness markers of cochlear stem/progenitor cells and expands sphere formation through activation of hypoxia-inducible factor-1 alpha. Hearing Research 2010; 275:43-52.
- Chen HS, Ma HI, Sytwu HK, Wang HW, Chen CCV, Liu SC, Chen CH, Chen HK and Wang CH. Neural stem cells secrete factors thatpromote auditory cell proliferation via a leukemia inhibitory factor signaling pathway. J Neurosci Res. 2010 Nov 15; 88(15):3308-3318. Impact Factor: 2.986 (45.2%).
- Liang SJ, Hsu CS, Tzeng CR, Chen CH, Hsu MI. Clinical and biochemical presentation of polycystic ovary syndrome in women between the ages of 20 and 40. Hum Reprod. 2011 Dec ;26(12):3443-3449.
- Lin HC, Chen CH, Su HY. Bier's Spots on Legs Associated with Deep Vein Thrombosis during Pregnancy. Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2013 Mar (in print).
- Wu HM, Tzeng CR, Chen CH, Chen PH. Pelvic endometriosis with peritoneal fluid reduces pregnancy rates in women undergoing intrauterine insemination. Taiwan J Obstet Gynecol. 2013 Dec;52(4):512-515.
- Tzeng CR, Chang YC, Chang YC, Wang CW, Chen CH, Hsu MI. Cluster analysis of cardiovascular and metabolic risk factors in women of reproductive age. Fertil Steril. 2014 May;101(5): 1404-1410.
- Wang MH, Chen CH, Wang CW, Hsu MI, Tzeng CR. A higher anti-Müllerian hormone level is associated with an increased chance of pregnancy in patients undergoing controlled ovarian stimulation and intrauterine insemination. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2014 Jul; Epub ahead of print.
- Szu-Yu Shen, M.D.; Chii-Ruey Tzeng, M.D., M.P.H.; Ya-Li Huang, M.Sc; Ming-I Hsu, M.D.; Chang-Chih Hsieh, M.D.; Chi-Huang Chen, M.D., Ph.D.; Chia-Woei Wang, M.D. Dual trigger of final oocyte maturation with combination of gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist and low-dose human chorionic gonadotropin increases the clinical pregnancy rate in intrauterine insemination cycles RBM online 2016 (Revised)
- Cryopreservation and transplantation of rabbit ovary. (92-2314-B-016-078-) (P.I.).
- Apoptosis and kinematics of spermatozoa in patients with varicocele (93-2314-B-016-037-) (P.I.).
- Establish effective and injury mechanism in ovarian cryopreservation and transplantation in an animal model (96-2314-B-016-023-) (P.I.).
- In vivo tracking of fertility preservation by bioluminescence in a transgenic mouse model. (NSC 97-2314-B-016 -012 -MY2) (P.I.).
- Reconstitution of spermatogenesis from testis failure after spermatogonial stem cells transplantation for male fertility preservation-A transgenic mouse model. (NSC 99-2314-B-016-013-MY3)(P.I.)
- Immature testicular tissue engineering for male fertility preservation - a transgenic mouse model (NSC 102-2314-B-038-045) (P.I.).
- Application of scaffold in ovarian transplantation for female fertility preservation: an in vivo transgenic mouse model. (MOST 103-2321-B-038-008) (P.I.).
BACK TO TOP
No. 252, Wuxing St, Xinyi District, Taipei City, 110
+886-2- 2737-2181 (ext. 8420、8427、8428)
©2017 Taipei Medical University Hospital. All Rights Reserved